This webpage sets out when and how we use your personal information that you or others provide to us.
We are Flusso Limited, a limited company (registered in England with company number 10226707), and our registered address is Unit 1, Cambridge House, Camboro Business Park, Oakington Road, Girton, Cambridge, CB3 0QH.
How does Flusso use your data?
When you phone us or contact us by email, either directly or through any of our website forms, with general queries, we may also handle your personal information (your name, contact details and the other details you provide to us) in order to provide the customer services you have asked us to.
This could be when you ask us to provide more information about our products or services. For example, if you ask us how to buy our products; request one of our product evaluation kits; or need access to our customer portal so we can provide you with software and other materials, we will use the information you provide us with to contact you back and address your query. We will store the information you provide us within our databases, except if our business is sold or if required by law.
We rely on your consent to handle your personal information in this way. If you do not provide us with the personal information we request from you for customer services purposes, we may not be able to fully answer your queries.
If you ask to be added to our mailing list to receive updates, we will only keep you up to date on our news and topical issues in marketing. Your data will never be sold or given to any third party.
Please be assured that if you would prefer not to hear from us at any time in the future you can stop receiving our updates by emailing email@example.com
If Flusso is sold:
We will transfer your personal information to a third party if Flusso Limited or the majority of its assets are acquired by somebody else, in which case the personal information held by Flusso Limited will be transferred to the buyer.
We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
In some circumstances we may also need to share your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share it to comply with a legal obligation.
What about cookies and analytics?
We use two types of cookies:
- PHP session cookies - the content management system (CMS) used by flussoltd.com relies on PHP sessions to maintain sessions across web requests which is done via this cookie. The CMS names it as “CraftSessionId” and it expires as soon as your browsing session ends.
- Traffic log cookies - are used to identify which pages are being used, to help us analyse data about webpage traffic, and to improve and tailor our website to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes then the data is removed from the system. The tracking cookie assigns users with unique user ID but it does not share personal information, usernames or IP addresses. However, it helps us to monitor which pages users find useful and which they do not.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Where does Flusso store your data?
Our CRM providers and Data Storage providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal information will involve a transfer of data outside of the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal information outside of the EEA, we ensure it is protected by making sure at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
- by transferring your personal information to a country that has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection by the European Commission;
- by using specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give your personal information the same protection it has within the EEA; and
- where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our third party Data Storage providers.
How long does Flusso retain your data for?
When you phone us or contact us by email, either directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the website forms, we will retain your data for a period of 10 years, to ensure that we are able to assist you should you have any questions, feedback or issues in connection with our products or if any legal issues arise. It is our experience that 10 years is the average lifetime of a business to business relationship, and, if you do not instruct us otherwise, we will retain your data for the aforementioned period of time to guarantee you the best support we can.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
- Request access to your data (commonly known as a "subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your data for direct marketing purposes, research or statistical purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your data to another party.
Privacy law is often complicated, and whether these rights are available to you sometimes depends on the types of data we are handling, as well as why we are handling it. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the form at the bottom of this page.
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with us or the Information Commissioner's Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales.
How to contact us with any feedback?
Get in touch
Please complete all fields
Please select your industry sector to ensure future communication is relevant to you.
Check box if you wish to receive Flusso Pulse regular news updates